125 years, no more, no less, have passed since this historic shuttle bridge was inaugurated on 28 July 1893. Over a century of services joining the two Banks of the estuary, the two towns of Getxo and Portugalete.
In its life spanning over a century Bizkaia Bridge has been declared a World Heritage Site and become a world benchmark, the very reasons for which its anniversary should be celebrated in style..
Hence, this Saturday, the Bridge has organised a day packed with activities and surprises you won’t want to miss.
Here you have the full programme for this memorable day:
- 10:00 Registration for Fast Painting Contest II
- 11:00 to 14:00
- Zip-line, bouncy castles (Getxo)
- Adventure Park (Portugalete)
- Climbing to the sky (Getxo)
- 16:30 to 19:30: Bungee jumping
- 12:00 Exhibition Inauguration in the Rialia Museum
- 13:30 to 15:00 Concert on the Getxo Terrace – “Brotherhood”
- 17:00 Presentation of the Terraces Pictorial Mural
- 17:30 Concert by Jorge Casanova
- 18:00 Lecture: “Bizkaia Bridge’s Hidden Treasures” María José Arnaiz (Puente Colgante Hotel)
- 19:00 Submission of Works from the Painting Contest
- 20:00 Painting Contest Prize Award Ceremony
- 20:30 Cuban Music with cocktail tasting